Recipe by J_Malooly
These pork chops are easy, but delicious. I haven't met a person who can resist them yet. I got the recipe from my mom.
Top Review by Sophie's Momma
Absolutely wonderful combination of flavors! I think I would call it "Sweet & Savory Apple Pork Chops" instead of 'sour', though. I didn't have the time to prep and bake, so I just did everything on the stove top: caramelized the onion, added the apple slices, softened, added applesauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Browned the chops in a separate pan, added them into the applesauce pan and let simmer/cook until no pink. It was delicious! Thank you for introducing me to this flavor combination.... It is a definite must have from now on!
- 4 boneless center cut pork chops
- 6 cups cinnamon applesauce
- 12 tablespoons brown sugar (seperated)
- 1 apple (baking)
- 1 onion, sliced (use to taste)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel, core, and quarter the apple. Then slice it very thinly (each quarter = 10-12 thin slices). Set aside for later.
- Lay the pork chops in baking dish with about 1 inch between each one.
- Lightly salt and pepper the chops and then sprinkle 2 Tbs. brown sugar over each pork chop trying to evenly cover them.
- Over the brown sugar put onion slices topped with apple slices. The apple slices should cover the entire pork chop.
- Pour 1.5 cups of applesauce over each pork chop.
- On top of each pork chop now shake soy sauce over each of the pork chops. Next, top with 1 Tbs. of brown sugar on each chop.
- Place in the oven for 35-45 minutes depending on your oven. Cut to check for tenderness and to make sure the chops are cooked.