These are so good and not very hard to make. They taste really yummy and fresh. My friends can't stop talking about them! I haven't met a person yet that isn't crazy about them. I use real butter instead of olive oil. It makes them taste better. If you are a "health nut" and do not like butter, then find a different recipe. These are very buttery and not healthy at all, but a great treat.
- Ready In:
- pizza dough (enough for one pizza crust)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup approx parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough into a rectangle and cut into strips. Cut strips in half.
- Tie strips into knots and place on a greased baking sheet. (try to make them small, they will rise!).
- Melt butter and mix into it the garlic, garlic poweder and oregano.
- Brush butter mixture over the tops of the knots and place in oven.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, rotating pans halfway through.
- Keep your eye on them. As soon as the tops feel dry take them out. They will be nice an doughy on the inside!
- Toss them in the butter mixture and let stand for about 5 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Super easy and superbly garlicky! "Absolute Garlic Lovers Dream." I went a bit crazy with the minced garlic, using 5 or 6 large cloves. I brushed my extra garlicky butter mix (1/2 C Melted Butter, 5-6 large cloves of garlic minced, 1 t basil, 1 t garlic salt, 1 t garlic powder &1 t Italian Seasoning) the top of each knot and popped them in the 400 degree preheated oven for 12 minutes. To the leftover butter mix I added 1 (heaping) Tbs of granulated sugar to take the bite of the garlic down a few notches. Once I removed the garlic knots from the oven I immediately transferred them to a large bowl with lid, poured the remaining butter sauce over them and shook it up a few times. Next I removed the lid and sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese, replaced lid and shook again. Voila! Easy exceptional garlic knots! A definite saver!