Charred Bourbon-Apple Pork Chops
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 12 ounces pork chops
- 1⁄2 sprig rosemary
- 5 coriander seeds
- 10 mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1 peach, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 Granny Smith apples, peeled cored and diced
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Charred Bourbon Peaches
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 8 ounces Bourbon
- 1⁄2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- Combine all ingredients in a vacuum seeled bag and sous vide at 62C for 1 hour.
- In a sauce pan toast seeds over medium heat. Add all other ingredients and simmer until fruit is tender, about 10 minutes. Using either immersion blender or vitamix, blend everything, check seasoning and pass through chinoise. Chill and store.
- Combine all ingredients in a vacuum bag and seal. Let sit for one day.
- Remove peaches from bag, reserving liquid and vanilla bean.
- Lightly oil peaches and char pit side on flat top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!