This recipe was given to me, upon request! We have a fresh Mex grill place here that uses sweet rice. This recipe is very similar to this restaurants. Use it on your fresh tortilla salads, or in burritos, on the side, any way you have it, it is darn good (and sweet!) NOTE: The amount of sugar makes it very sweet. You can alter the amount of sugar if you would like, just remember it is supposed to be sweet! Also, let the sugar dissolve in the stock so you won't have sugar that has sunk to the bottom of the pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put a little oil in bottom of pan (maybe about 1/2-1 tablespoon).
- 2Saute chopped onion until translucent. Add the chopped cilantro (no big stems) and saute a minute more.
- 3Add the rice, cooking until it is light brown (being careful not to burn).
- 4Combine the chicken broth and sugar, letting sugar dissolve. Then stir into rice until combined. Bring to a boil.
- 5Cover and let cook on low, med-low until rice is done, about 25-30 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Rice
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.1
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 377.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g