Mom's Sweet Rice Cereal
Do you like Oatmeal? Hot cereal? This is another great recipe handed down. Doesn't matter how old you are, when you are sick you want your Mom! Recently while being sick and not having much of an appetite, I remembered this hot cereal my mom made us girls while growing up. It's quick, comforting and sweet (But not too sweet ;) ) My mom always made this with Recipe #199171 .... you will love it and so will the kids.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups MINUTE White Rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (depending on your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 dash cinnamon sugar
- In a medium saucepan -- bring water and 1/2 Tbl butter to boil.
- Add rice and stir to combine. Remove from Heat and cover 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and 1/2 Tbl butter, stir to combine.Serve in your favorite cereal bowl, add milk and sprinkle with cinnamon Sugar mixture.