Recipe by Happy Hippie
This is a copycat recipe from the Cheesecake Factory. It is a "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes" authored by Todd Wilbur. I haven't made this yet, but it sounds very good. I think this will be a very easy recipe to prepare. Don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients. there are three simple sauces that are part of this recipe. If you try this before I do, please review it and let me know how it turned out. Prep time is a guesstimation.
Top Review by kelemalia
I made this for a church activity and I had so many people coming up to me and complimenting me on this dish! Even going as far to say that if this were a contest your dish would definitely win. ;) I will for sure be making this again. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 tomatillos, chopped (remove papery skin)
- 4 ounces mild green chilies
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon Spanish onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, small minced
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn, sweet frozen
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup masa harina (corn flour)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare SALSA VERDE by combining all ingredients in a food processor on high speed. Cover and chill.
- Prepare TOMATO SALSA by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- Prepare SOUTHWESTERN SAUCE by combining all ingredients is a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For the TAMALE CAKES coarsely puree 1 cup of the frozen corn in a food processor.
- Combine pureed corn with softened butter, sugar and salt.
- Blend well with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add masa and flour and blend well.
- Mix in the remaining 1/2 cup of frozen corn by hand.
- Measure 1/2 cup portions and form into 3-inch patties.
- arrange patties on a baking sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cakes are browned on the bottom.
- Carefully flip cakes with a spatula and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until other side is browned.
- While the cakes are baking, spoon some Salsa Verde onto a platter.
- Coat the entire plate with about 1/4 in of the salsa.
- Arrange the Tamale Cakes on the Salsa Verde.
- Spoon a dollop of sour cream on to each cake.