1/2 Photos of Sweet Corn Cakes
A delicious breakfast pancake the way my Granny used to make them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a big mixing bowl, sift the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- 2Add in the corn kernels; toss to coat.
- 3In a smaller bowl, add the buttermilk, eggs, and butter; whisk until blended.
- 4Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients; stir until just blended (don't overmix).
- 5Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- 6Brush a thin film of vegetable oil or spray with cooking spray.
- 7Pour 1/4 cup batter (for each pancake) onto heated skillet; lower heat to medium-low.
- 8Cook until the tops of cakes are covered with small bubbles and the bottoms are lightly browned; flip pancake and cook until other side is lightly browned.
- 9Serve warm with maple syrup or powdered sugar and berries.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Corn Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (856 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 148.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g