Corn Griddle Cakes
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- oil, as needed
- Whisk together cornmeal, flour, chili powder, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, butter and honey. Stir in corn niblets and green onion.
- Stir egg mixture into cornmeal mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Lightly oil pan. Scoop portions of 2 tablespoons each, 3 at a time, into pan. Cook until golden, about 1 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining batter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The recipe was scaled to 2 servings and I ate almost all for lunch today. Since the recipe was scaled I used the whole egg and only a touch of milk. Cajun spices were used in place of the chili powder and I might up the spice a little next time around. They made a delicious lunch topped with Greek yogurt and garnished with green onions. Made for ZWT9. Thanksmuch.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!