Sweet Corn Cake
photo by Tantric1
- Ready In:
1 8x8 cake
- Place butter and shortening in mixer bowl and whip until soft. Continue whipping until fluffy and creamy. Add masa gradually while mixing, add water gradually and mix thoroughly.
- Place corn kernels in blender or food processor fitted with metal blade coarsely chop. Stir into the masa harina mixture. Place (regular) cornmeal, sugar, whipping cream, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl and mix quickly. Add masa mixture and mix lightly, just until blended. Pour into greased, 8-inch-square baking pan, and cover with foil.
- Method 1: Bake in 350-degree oven 40 to 50 minutes or until corn cake has a firm texture.
- Method 2: Place corn cake pan in a larger pan and pour boiling water half way up corn cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees 40 to 50 minutes, checking water level and adding more boiling water, if necessary. When cooked through, remove corn cake pan from water.
- Let cooked cake stand at room temperature for few minutes before cutting into squares or using a small ice cream scoop to serve.
- Store any leftovers in refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>If I could only figure out how to make a living cooking... I cook with passion, care and patience, I am thinking that might be a bit hard to make a living only cooking for 10 people at a time :) <br />It's all about texture and flavors blending for me. I think I make people a little nervous because I don't really eat the things I cook. I am a "taster". I cook with only real ingedients, refuse to deal with low fat, low flavor, low calorie. Food is life, everything in moderation.</p>