1/1 Photo of Sweet and Sour Crock Pot Chicken
8 hrs 10 mins
Audrey M's Note:
I love this recipe because of the ease of one pot cooking. I use my 5 quart Rival Slow Cooker for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large carrot, cut in half and in bite size chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml quick-cooking tapioca
- 5 chicken breasts, bone
- 226.79 g canned pineapple tidbits
- 78.07 ml dark brown sugar, packed firm
- 78.07 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml instant chicken bouillon granule
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 4.92 ml dried cilantro or 10 cilantro leaves
- 1419.54 ml hot cooked rice
- 1Put vegetables in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle the quick cooking tapioca over the vegetables.
- 2Place chicken on top.
- 3Combine all other ingredients except cooked rice into a small mixing bowl; blend well. Pour over chicken.
- 4Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
- 5Before serving, make rice. Serve Sweet and Sour Chicken over cooked rice.
- 6Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Crock Pot Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.4
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 440.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 36.9 g