Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is going to be a new dish for some of you, The chicken is cooked in a spice and mango chutney sauce. The dish is Balti in origin and should be cooked in a wok. Stun your friends with this one.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken, and cubed
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 5 ounces warm water
- 2 fresh green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons single cream
- In a large bowl mix together the tomato puree with the yogurt, garam masala, chilli powder, garlic, mango chutney, salt and sugar.
- Heat the oil in a wok, pour in the spice mix, stir, reduce the heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, stir to coat all of the pieces and add the water.
- Cook for 6 mins till the meat is tender.
- Add half of the chillies and cream, cook 2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the remaining chillies and the chopped coriander leaves.
Tastes delicious! The only thing I changed was instead of cooking the spices and then cooking the chicken, I marinaded the chicken in the spices for a good hour, just to make the taste a little more intense! But a brilliant recipe!
This was a fantastic curry! It's so quick and easy to put together. We loved the smooth, rich flavour. Very well balanced dish. Thanks Brian H!
My goodness Brian you truely enjoy your curry!!! Where I live its hard to find good curry, so I have to make do with what ever I can find. Chutney is another product hard to find, infact i could'nt find it, but the receipe turned out good anyways. I AGREE with the rest "WONDERFUL"