Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
Southern Living; my grandfather (Pop-Pop) loved this. Miss you.
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- hot cooked rice
- Mix together first 6 ingredients.
- Add chicken; coat well.
- Heat oil in electric skillet to 375 degrees.
- Fry chicken until lightly browned.
- Removed chicken; drain.
- Drain pineapple, reserving liquid.
- Add enough water to juice to make 1 cup.
- Add 2 T. cornstarch, mixing well.
- Combine pineapple juice mixture and next 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Stir green pepper and chicken into sauce; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve over rice.
LOVED IT !!!! Little too much ketchup,but GREAT dinner!!
AWESOME!!!! deffinately sweet n sour!!! all loved, no one complained!! thanks for a super recipe!! used 1 whole onion and 2 green peppers and had tons of sauce for a great meal!! will make many more times!!
This recipe was wonderful. Easy to prepare and the flavors blended perfectly. I used a 14.5 oz of the pineapple tidbits instead of the chunks of pineapple and they were perfect. The tidbits beings smaller blended well in the sauce. I will make this recipe again. Next time I may add some onion with the bell pepper and maybe some sliced water chestnuts too.