Recipe by Thomas Pope
An old family recipe for crepe-like Swedish pancakes.
Top Review by jamesfourwinds
I've made swedish pancakes many times and I used this recipe this time for making the pancake batter (I never tried it with all the spices). One step that is needed is to let the batter rest until the gluten forms or the pancakes will fall apart. It takes a couple hours for that to happen and I like to let it rest overnight.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 pinch ginger
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Beat eggs, add milk and vanilla.
- Add liquid to to dry mixture slowly, stirring well to remove all lumps.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Butter the pan before each pancake is made.
- Only pour enough batter to coat the bottom of the pan (1/4 to 1/2 cup will do it).