Recipe by Outta Here
A light rye bread, great toasted.
Top Review by Eatin'ToLive
I finally found a limpa rye that works for me! All others have been dried bricks. Keep a little beer from the can handy, as you might need to add a couple tablespoons more like I did. I also gave the seeds a little grind in the mortar to release their flavor and I will be adding a teaspoon more of each because I like lots of seasoning. Thank you Mikekey!
- 1 1⁄8 cups beer, room temperature (a pale ale works nicely)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons orange zest, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in your bread machine in order recommended by manufacturer. Use regular (or medium) crust setting.
- Alternately, use the machine through the first rise and remove dough from machine. Place on a floured surface and shape to fit a loaf pan, or into a round or oblong for free-form loaf. Cover and let rise for 1 hour. Bake in 375F oven for 40-45 minutes.