Light Rye Bread Rolls (Abm)
I'm still perfecting the flavour of these, but the texture is good.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 300 ml warm water
- 1 teaspoon parisienne essence
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons molasses or 2 teaspoons golden syrup
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet active dry yeast
- Put all ingredients in bread maker in that order (unless your bread maker has a special requirement).
- Put on dough cycle.
- After dough cycle is complete, turn out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Roll into a log.
- Cut log into 6 equal sized pieces, make each piece into a roll.
- Place on a parchment sheet. I like to flatten them so they are more like hamburger rolls and better for sandwiches. Brush with oil. Cover with a cloth or piece of plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warmish place for 50-60 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake in a 200 degree oven for 12 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION