- 3⁄4 lb fresh whole mushroom
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- chopped fresh parsley, if desired (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wipe mushrooms clean with damp paper towel, or rinse under cold water. (Drain).
- Put butter into saucepan, and add onion and mushrooms, cover, and simmer 5 minutes over med-low heat. You just want to simmer them, not brown them, so stir once or twice and lower heat if necessary.
- Remove mushrooms and place into blender or food processor.
- Add flour, seasonings and 1/2 cup consomme.
- Puree. You will need to scrape down a couple of times.
- Pour puree back into pan.
- Add remaining liquids and simmer over low heat stirring til smooth.
- Serve with warm crusty bread for dipping.
- Can garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.