Cream of Mushroom Scalloped Potatoes
photo by krusty2316
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Fry bacon until crisp and drain well on paper towels.
- Discard all but 1T bacon grease; saute onions in bacon grease and drain well Slice potatoes thinly.
- Butter a 13x9 casserole dish; layer potatoes, bacon, onion mixture and finish with more potatoes.
- Mix sour cream, cheese, and mushroom soup; pour mixture over top of potatoes.
- Cover with foil; bake at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours; uncover for the last 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 61 more reviews
Great recipe, I was short on time so I sliced and boiled my potatoes until they were soft, then I prepared everything else the same, I just threw my cheese on and popped it in the oven, this took about 30 min. to get perfectly done.. And I didn't have to mess with foil. I also substituted my bacon with turkey bacon cut up, turned out great, Thanks!