Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Combine sugar cookies and Dove Chocolates and what a great combination! I have also used store bought sugar cookie mix for these and they are great too!
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Sugar for Rolling Cookies
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 36 Dove milk chocolate miniatures, unwrapped
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough.
- Cover dough and Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a tablespoon or a small cookie scoop, roll dough into 1" balls.
- Roll each cookie dough ball in granulated sugare and place in a well greased mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are light brown.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately press an unwrapped Dove Chocolate Miniature in the center of the cookie being cautious not to push through the bottom of the cookie.
- Cool completely before removing the cookies from the pan. You may have to place the pan in the refrigerator for a few minutes to get the cookies cooled enough.
These were a big hit on my Thanksgiving Cookie tray! Rolled in a combination of Orange and Yellow Ssugar crystals and topped with a solid Chocolate Ball from See's Candies! Mahalo for posting, SoozieQ!
This is also great using Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, too! That's one of my son's Must Haves during the holiday season! Thanks for posting!! Will try it with Dove candies.