Recipe by Sooz Cooks
Combine sugar cookies and Dove Chocolates and what a great combination! I have also used store bought sugar cookie mix for these and they are great too!
Top Review by aloha808
These were a big hit on my Thanksgiving Cookie tray! Rolled in a combination of Orange and Yellow Ssugar crystals and topped with a solid Chocolate Ball from See's Candies! Mahalo for posting, SoozieQ!
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Sugar for Rolling Cookies
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 36 Dove milk chocolate miniatures, unwrapped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 to 4 minutes).
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth dough.
- Cover dough and Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a tablespoon or a small cookie scoop, roll dough into 1" balls.
- Roll each cookie dough ball in granulated sugare and place in a well greased mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are light brown.
- Remove pan from oven and immediately press an unwrapped Dove Chocolate Miniature in the center of the cookie being cautious not to push through the bottom of the cookie.
- Cool completely before removing the cookies from the pan. You may have to place the pan in the refrigerator for a few minutes to get the cookies cooled enough.