Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
My own stuffed pepper recipe with a festive twist for Halloween.
- 6 bell peppers, any color
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Lightly mix together the ground beef, egg, bread cubes, onion, tomato, garlic, chili sauce, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Wash the peppers, and cut jack-o-lantern faces into the peppers with a sharp paring knife, making triangle eyes and noses, and pointy-teeth smiles. Slice off the tops of the peppers, and scoop out the seeds and cores. Stuff the peppers lightly with the beef stuffing, and place them into the prepared baking dish so they lean agains each other.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the peppers are tender and the stuffing is cooked through and juicy, about 1 hour.