Recipe by CareCook
From Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Freezer Friendly Cookbook.
Top Review by Candy C
Delicious! The cream cheese makes these just wonderful. I had some leftover spiral sliced ham that I chopped for the filling. I also sprinkled the breasts with Cavender's and added paprika to the top to give them a pretty color. The best part is knowing I have more waiting for me in the freezer! Thanks for a keeper :-)
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, tenderized (butterfly breasts from Alwans, they will tenderize for you)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 8 slices ham, thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and feta with a fork.
- Fill the chicken breast with the cheese mixture, spinach, and ham. (If you are using butterfly breasts, just fold over and secure with a toothpick. Otherwise make a split along one side of the breast with a knife & stuff the breast).
- To Freeze: Wrap individually, label, and freeze.
- To Prepare: Preheat oven to 350. Place frozen chicken breasts in a baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray and bake, covered with foil, for one hour or until tender. You can also defrost the chicken breasts and bake them covered for 45-50 min or until tender.