From Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Freezer Friendly Cookbook.
Make and share this Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Feta, Spinach, and Ham recipe from Food.com.
- Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and feta with a fork.
- Fill the chicken breast with the cheese mixture, spinach, and ham. (If you are using butterfly breasts, just fold over and secure with a toothpick. Otherwise make a split along one side of the breast with a knife & stuff the breast).
- To Freeze: Wrap individually, label, and freeze.
- To Prepare: Preheat oven to 350. Place frozen chicken breasts in a baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray and bake, covered with foil, for one hour or until tender. You can also defrost the chicken breasts and bake them covered for 45-50 min or until tender.
Delicious! The cream cheese makes these just wonderful. I had some leftover spiral sliced ham that I chopped for the filling. I also sprinkled the breasts with Cavender's and added paprika to the top to give them a pretty color. The best part is knowing I have more waiting for me in the freezer! Thanks for a keeper :-)
I tweaked this recipe by using Prosciutto instead of regular ham and instead of cream cheese we took feta cheese with a little olive oil in a food processor to make it creamy and give it same effect. This was a great recipe and one you can make in advance, freeze, and use during the busy work week. Beautiful. Just goes to show you, even if your busy you can still eat gourmet....thanks for the recipe!!!
Darn tasty. I only made two servings but I found myself wishing I had made more. I put it in the oven directly rather than freezing it and cooked it for about 40 minutes. The cheese stayed put! It didn't melt out. Hooray!! I also put a Mediterranean seasoning on top along with the salt & pepper. It had things in it like dried garlic & rosemary. Mmm!