Creamy Cauliflower and Brie Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 ounces brie cheese, rind removed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- green onion, for garnish
- In a large sauce pan, saute onion in olive oil until transparent.
- Add cauliflower and cook on medium for 5-7 minutes stirring often.
- Sprinkle flour over tender crisp cauliflower and then pour in chicken broth.
- Add milk and cook until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in thyme and brie and remove from heat. Stir until brie is melted and then add salt and pepper if desired.
- Use an emersion blender to blend soup or transfer to a blender or food processor instead.
- Garnish with green onions before serving.
- To freeze: Cool completely. Pour into freezer containers, label and freeze up to four months. To serve: defrost overnight in the fridge. Warm in microwave or on stove top without letting soup come to a full boil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I wish this soup would have had an actual brie flavor instead of all the thyme flavor. I made some adjustments to mine. I used plain soy milk instead of skim. I did not blend it in anyway. I added instant mashed potatoes to thicken it as mine did not ever seem to thicken. I dont think this was a BAD soup at all I just bumped it up a notch to make it a heartier soup.
My slightly-altered version of this soup may not have been as *trim* as you intended, but was sure a *terrific* hit w/dinner guests last nite. Served w/homemade bread as a starter course, I was afraid they might not have room for the main meal as 2nd helpings were dished & the recipe shared. I did not use skim milk, pureed it the pt of leaving some sml chunks for texture & added approx 8 oz pre-cooked Icelandic baby shrimp (altho this touch certainly was not necessary). DH & I will have sml portions to enjoy today & this rich w/no sin + lovely soup will clearly have encores at our table. Thx for posting it for us. :-)