Recipe by Becca Bricker
My family loves this soup. I serve each bowl with a handful of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
Top Review by FloridaNative
One word - yummy! This was easy to make and I liked that it contained ingredients I normally have on hand. I replaced the water with chicken broth and it did add a heartier flavor. This was such an easy recipe to put together - I will definitely add it to the soup rotation for the cooler weather! Thanks for posting - made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven brown beef over medium high heat. Drain off any fat.
- Add the peppers, onion, and garlic to the browned meat and saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with juice, beef broth, water, brown sugar, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Stir in rice and heat through.