Sweet & Savory Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
photo by isingofhislove
- Ready In:
1 1/2 cups
- 10 -12 cups water
- 2 lbs ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet corn
- 2 cups Minute Rice or 2 cups boil-in-the-bag brown rice
- 2 -3 large beef bouillon cubes (to taste)
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar (more or less to taste)
- green onion
- salt and pepper
- In large soup pot brown turkey and white onion, then add all remaining ingredients except rice and green onion. Bring to a boil then add rice and green onion and reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes stirring about every 5 minutes to keep rice from burning on the bottom.
- Serves 10-12.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!