Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
photo by culinario86
- Ready In:
- Brown ground beef until fully cooked.
- Drain fat from beef and set aside, do not discard the fat.
- Saute the vegetables in the same pan.
- Add water or broth, beef base, ground beef and rendered fat, let simmer for at least 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- The longer this soup simmers the better the flavor. Stir in desired amount of rice.
- For OAMC cooking divide soup into 2 cup containers and freeze without adding the rice. When ready to serve thaw and heat soup and serve with fresh rice. (You can probably freeze this with the rice in it just fine we just usually prefer to make the rice fresh.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is really delish! We landed up adding basmati rice to the soup and letting it all simmer together until the rice was really soft, and it wasnt a 'soup' anymore but more like a paella! Needed quite a bit of salt for more flavour (used 1 cube of beef stock, maybe thats why). I would also suggest adding 1 more can of tomatoes for a really rich, red looking and tasting soup! Thanks for sharing!
This was delicious and came together quickly and easily for me on a very busy day. I didn't have any celery or beef base. Used low sodium beef broth. I used a can of diced tomatoes and a can of crushed tomatoes and lots of black pepper. Didn't have time for rice so just added ramen noodles. Looking forward to the leftovers. Thanks for posting.
This was very tasty, with the addition of more spices. Simmered it in my crockpot all day. I had a 28oz can of crushed tomatoes, so that's what I used, but will try just 14oz next time; it was too acidic so I had to add some sugar. It also lacked flavor until I added 1 tsp. Ms. Dash salt-free seasoning, maybe 1/2-1 tsp salt, and 1+ tsp. smoked paprika. Delicious!