Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- Broil peppers (with oven door partially open) 5 minutes each side or till blistering. Remove from roasting pan, place in dish, cover with clingfilm and leave ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter or margarine.
- Add onions and sauté till soft, but not brown.
- Remove skin from peppers, chop coarsely and add to onions. Pour in stock and spices plus a squeeze of lemon.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool and then process in batches so that the soup is a little chunky but not puréed.
- Before serving, add sour cream or half-and-half and heat through.
- Will keep well in fridge 2-3 days. Can also be frozen.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made for PAC Fall 2007! This was a great soup, that would be wonderful with a side salad for lunch! I made this as a dish for dinner tonight, and it had a great taste. I made sure not to pulse it too long, so there were tiny bits of red pepper that had a nice watery taste to them. Thanks for the recipe, grapefruit!