Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of the Recipezaar recipes I 'adopted' a couple of years ago. After receiving a review, I decided to try the pie myself, and WOW,it's delicious! I prepared a homemade pie shell using real butter, and used a 1 lb. bag of frozen peaches. (Thawed and well-drained.) A heavenly aroma filled the whole house as the pie was baking, and the family and I could hardly wait for it to cool down to try a slice! Do try this; you won't be disappointed!
- 1 pie shell, 9-inch
- 10 fresh peaches
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Slice peaches and place in the pie shell.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar and nutmeg.
- Beat egg and cream together and pour over peaches.
- Mix together brown sugar, butter and flour until crumbly (don't overmix).
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over peaches.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve slightly warm, either alone or topped with ice cream, whipped topping or sour cream.
Loved the flavor. Great pie - and easy!
Sorry, Truebrit, but this just didn't work for me. I found that the custard really was rather dry..maybe it would be better doubled. I'll try that next time as I really like a custard peach pie.
This is a great peach pie! My mom uses this recipe (from Betty Crocker) and gave it to me recently to make - came out perfect. At mom's suggestion, I used two large cans (29 oz each) of sliced peaches in light syrup - drained *really* well - in place of the fresh peaches. The crust got a little dark in a couple places and next time I think I will cover the crust for part of the time. Thanks for posting!