Peach Streusel Pie
This is my sister-in-laws recipe, I have made every year for 6 years without any complaints. I hope you give it a try.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 2 lbs ripe peaches, washed and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles medium crumbs.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup crumb mixture over bottom of pie shell.
- Add peaches.
- Sprinkle with sugar and nutmeg.
- Beat egg, cream and vanilla; pour over peaches.
- Cover with remaining crumbs.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes at 400 degrees or until top is evenly golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this tonight with some fresh peaches. The flavor was good (my dh liked it) and the streusel topping was crunchy and delicious. I had no trouble with the streusel topping getting brown and the doneness of the pie at the time/temp you recommend. I did have trouble with the pie filling not thickening, it was very watery and the egg mixture was visible within the fruit. I'm not rating it due to my mistake of not adding half the streusel in the bottom as stated in step 3. I'm not sure that this would have helped though. I prefer to use cornstarch in pies to thicken the fruitReply
see 4 more