Sour Cream Peach Pie
photo by DailyInspiration
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 (10 inch) pie crusts
- 6 peaches, sliced and cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon peach juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick oatmeal
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Prepare single pie crust in glass pie dish. I prefer using a clear one so I can gauge if bottom is done.
- Position oven rack to bottom one third and preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit. (Put pie onto cookie sheet in case it over flows and to make it easier to lift out.).
- I put my butter for topping into small bowl so it warms up slightly-you don't want to melt it or it will be a batter.
- Put peaches into bowl.
- Stir together sour cream, sugar, flour, egg, peach juice, optional cinnamon, and vanilla in small bowl.
- I use a slotted spoon to put peaches into crust b/c I don't want all the juice.
- Pour sour cream mixture over peaches.
- Bake pie for 12 minutes, reduce oven to 350 degrees, at this point I like to lay foil strips over exposed crust, put pie back into oven for another 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle topping on pie, return to oven for another 20 minutes or until nicely browned. Sometimes I lay the foil back depending upon how crust edges look.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I absolutely do love sour cream pies, & when you can get peaches as sweet & luscious as the ones I got for this pie ~ OUTSTANDING! Followed your recipe right on down & we had one of the most delicious peach pies I've ever made! Just wish great peaches were available year 'round, but unfortunately that isn't the case! So, I'll be keeping this recipe on hand for when they are! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]