Simple Peach Pie
This recipe is from C.A. Lynd of lyndsgourmet.com. Every year we anxiously wait for Lynd's farm to put out their peaches. They gave us this recipe with the peaches I just bought and it is simple and wonderful.
- Ready In:
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 5 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- Wash, peel, and slice fresh peaches.
- Mix together peaches with the combined dry ingredients.
- Turn into pastry-lined pie pan and dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust, cut slits in it, seal the edges.
- Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cover the edges with foil to prevent over browning; remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in the crust.
- Pie may be frozen for future use.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 90 more