Sweet Peach Pie
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
1 peach pie
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, syrup and water, bringing to a boil.
- Stir constantly, until all ingredients are clear.
- Remove from heat, and add the gelatin, stirring until dissolved, then add flavoring.
- When mixture is cooled, add to sliced peaches and pour into a baked shell.
- Refrigerate until the pie is set, and serve with whipped cream. Or vanilla ice cream. Or both!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This pie was easy to make. It is essential that you have good peaches, though. Mine were a bit mushy and I think it might have actually been better with frozen peach slices that had been thawed. I really liked the almond flavoring, but the peach jell-o was a little too artificial for me. If it weren't for that peach jell-o, I would have given 5 stars. The crust was right on, and we enjoyed the pie with a big mountain of whipped cream on top. Thanks for the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> I STILL live in sunny southern California, BUT NOT in fabulous West Hollywood. I NOW LIVE IN "THE VALLEY". I live, work, go to shul, shop and socialize all within about a 6 miles radius, and I love it. I love to read, write, go to movies, sing and cook. And eat. And I unapologetically love TV. I adore my dog, Tuffy, and my amazing HUSBAND, NOT boyfriend, CZ. AND MY GORGEOUS BABY GIRL, A. I stole my Mom's tattered copy of 'Joy of Cooking' MORE THAN a few years ago. She's still looking for it. It's just good reading, ya know? I grew up on Jeff Smith and Julia Child, and I miss them both on PBS.