Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just a little something I cooked up one afternoon when I had some strawberries about to go bad.... I hope you enjoy them!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces banana yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time. Beat well after each.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating two times with the yogurt, vanilla, milk, and orange juice. Beat just until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into batter.
- Fold in the strawberries and almonds.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, 3/4-full.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely.
One word says it all - YUMMY! These were very nice muffins and made a lot. I got 12 standard size using the silicone muffin cups and 24 mini muffins using a tin. The minis took just 15 mins to bake and the larger ones 20 minutes. I had to use buttermilk in place of the yogurt b/c I don't know how to read (haha) and forgot to purchase the yogurt but it still worked very well. Thanks for a great muffin recipe! Made for Bevy Tag 2008