Recipe by BoxO'Wine
Perfect dish for brunch or add some leftover cooked pork, shrimp or chicken for a satisfying main dish. Also nice for a chafing dish on a buffet table.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen tiny peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots in small pot of boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain In medium bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites until frothy.
- Add 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- heat oil in wok or skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and stir fry until almost tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add carrots, peas, and red bell pepper.
- Stir fry about 1 min until heated through.
- Add rice and basil.
- Stir fry until heated.
- Add beaten egg mixture and stir and fold until eggs are set, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon onto serving platter.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese.