Perfect dish for brunch or add some leftover cooked pork, shrimp or chicken for a satisfying main dish. Also nice for a chafing dish on a buffet table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen tiny peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1Cook carrots in small pot of boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 2Drain In medium bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites until frothy.
- 3Add 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- 4heat oil in wok or skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add onion and stir fry until almost tender, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add garlic and stir-fry 1 minute.
- 7Add carrots, peas, and red bell pepper.
- 8Stir fry about 1 min until heated through.
- 9Add rice and basil.
- 10Stir fry until heated.
- 11Add beaten egg mixture and stir and fold until eggs are set, about 2 minutes.
- 12Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 13Spoon onto serving platter.
- 14Sprinkle with pine nuts and 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fry Rice With Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.1
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 160.8 mg
- Sodium 149.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 11.6 g