Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables. I think this is a great stir-fried recipe for it. Recipe is from Simple and Delicious.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons almonds, slivered and toasted
- In large skillet or wok, stir-fry asparagus in butter and oil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, lemon juice, soy sauce and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
I love asparagus in any shape, form, or fashion! Absolutely loved the toasted almonds....don't leave these out, they make the dish. I agree that the sauce doesn't stick to the asparagus, but I don't think it was meant to....just to flavor it. I loved it. Thanks for sharing!
I really like that aside from the asparagus, I always have these items on hand. I use veggie broth instead of chicken and Earth Balance instead of butter. Wasn't sure about soy & lemon together, but in these small quantities it works. The sauce doesn't really stick to the asparagus so I wish I had served with some potatoes or bread to soak up the lovely dressing. Thanks!
I made this receipe for my husband and myself and we loved it!!! It added great flavor to the asparagus! Everyone should try it!