Chinese Stir Fried Asparagus With Baby Corn
- Ready In:
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ounces baby corn
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 3 inch lengths
- Wash asparagus and snap off tough ends. Peel lower end of stems if necessary. Slice each in half, on the diagonal.
- Heat peanut oil in a hot wok. Add garlic and salt. Stir fry 10 seconds only. Immediately add asparagus and corn and stir fry for one minute.
- Add wine, oyster sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil. Stir fry 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken stock and stir fry 1 minute. Add spring onions and stir fry for 30 seconds or until asparagus and corn are just tender. Do not over-cook.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!