Stir-Fried Asparagus and Tomatoes
photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and diagonally sliced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Blend water and cornstarch together in a small bowl.
- Stir in soy sauce and salt and set aside.
- Preheat wok or heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and heat about 1 minute.
- Add asparagus and green onions and stir fry about 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute more.
- Stir soy mixture.
- Push vegetables to the side of the wok.
- Pour soy mixture in center of wok.
- Let bubble slightly, then stir in vegetables.
- Cook and stir until mixture is bubbly.
- Add tomatoes and cook until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My-oh-my-oh-my!This is right up my alley! Two of the foods I love best right in one dish! I've been buying tomatoes at Sam's Club and they are biggest beautiful, "beefsteaks" I have seen in a long time! We have a 99cents store, and they put out the best fresh produce every morning about 10 a.m.! I got a large bunch of asparagus for 99 cents! This dish is super delicious! I make a meal out of it! Thanks so much for sharing,Pat.This is definately a keeper! Made for Go For The Green at KK's forum.