Pacific Northwest Stir-Fried Asparagus & Sugar Snap Peas
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 lb sugar snap pea
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Trim tough ends from asparagus and slice stalks diagonally into 2 inch pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- Pinch bakc the stem ends of sugar snap peas and pull the string down the length. Add to asparagus in bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add vegetables and stir-fry for 5 minutes, stirring occassionaly.
- Sprinkle with seasonings to taste - be generous!
- Continue to cook for 3 more minutes or until veggies are cooked but crispy.
- Transfer to a heated dish and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was just sooo good and so easy. I'm so happy to have another terrific recipe from Food.com. I went easy on the red pepper flakes, next time I'll use more, and I will definitely be making this many times more - my 2 favorite vegetables, just so tasty! We had it as a side with stroganoff this time. Just delicious.
Another asparagus treat that is out of this world! Asparagus, fresh snow peas, and hot peppers flakes...like my absolute fav. This was so quick and yummy, I broke off the ends of asparagus, cleaned up the snow peas a bit, put them both in a searing, I mean searing hot pan that had a spot of olive oil. Flash cooked em' so it reserved their shape as well as the beautiful green color. The crispness was terrific, and since I had a bit of mushrooms that needed to be used, I tossed in those too. Oh asparagus oh how I do love thee. Thank you Beautiful BC, just outstanding, another winner by you!