photo by Late Night Gourmet
- Ready In:
- Cut the woody stems from each piece of asparagus.
- Mix cornflour, celery salt, and savory. Add or substitute other seasonings as desired.
- Whisk one egg thoroughly. Dip each asparagus stalk in the egg wash, then roll in flour mixture.
- Heat corn oil in a small pan on medium-high. CAREFULLY lower asparagus stalks into hot oil to avoid spattering. Make sure asparagus stalks aren't touching and are only in a single layer in the pan.
- Fry each stalk until it turns golden brown, then turn over with tongs to fry the other side. Remove asparagus using tongs, and place on a paper towel to soak excess grease. Add salt if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have two teenagers who keep things very busy around our house during the daytime. I also work long hours at Ford Motor Company, and I do want to spend time with my family every day. If I try to cook when my kids have their friends over, I'm certain to be interrupted. In other words, my available times for cooking are very limited. I don't want to give up on anything I love - my family, my job, my cooking - so I do most of my cooking after everyone has gone to bed. My wife is a teacher, so this can be very late at night during the summer. Sometimes, I don't get started with my prep work until 12:30 a.m. Am I crazy?? Maybe. I'm also constantly working on healthier ways to prepare food. I deconstruct every recipe I like, and try to make it with healthier ingredients. The big challenge is keeping the food tasty. I believe it's possible to enjoy what you eat and still be healthy. I lost 15 pounds in 6 months largely by preparing my own food (and exercising). If I didn't keep such loony hours, I'd call myself "The Healthy Gourmet".