1/5 Photos of Steak Diane
The Flying Chef's Note:
Tender steak fillet with cream, brandy, mustard sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (250 -300 g) filet of beef, medallions
- 50 g butter
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced (throwing in seasonal wild mushrooms along with the button adds more falvour.)
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon beef stock granules
- 125 ml double cream
- 25 ml half cream
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chives
- pepper (to season)
- 1For the Steaks.
- 2Heat a small amount of oil in a pan until the pan is quite hot. Season steaks on both sides with salt and pepper. Place in pan sear 2-3 minutes each side. For medium rare cook for a further 2-3 mins on each side.
- 3Of course longer cooking times apply for more well done meat and it does depend on how thick the meat is.
- 4For the Sauce.
- 5Melt butter in a pan and saute the shallots and garlic until soft add Worcestershire and mushrooms continue to cook over medium heat until mushrooms start to soften.
- 6Add the mustard, lemon juice, beef stock and brandy, stir to combine, cook for 2-3 minutes add both the creams and thyme. You want to cook until sauce reduces slightly and thickens. if the sauce becomes to thick just add a little more of the half fat cream.
- 7Finally add chopped parsley and chives.
- 8Now you can either be cooking the steaks at the same time as making the sauce or it is fine to leave on a low heat while you cook the steaks just stir occasionally.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak Diane
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.0
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 2309.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef
beef stock granules