Brandy & Cream Mushroom Sauce
photo by Fairy Nuff
- Ready In:
- 50 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 100 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 cup cream
- Melt butter in pan over moderate heat and add the garlic, spring onions and the mushrooms.
- Cook until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add the brandy and cream and bring to boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 5minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve poured over steak, chicken or pork.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I served the brandy cream sauce with Chicken alla Romano and angel hair pasta. I awarded 4 stars instead of 5 b/c my sauce never browned/became golden (as in your photo). I sauteed the mushrooms quite well before adding the cream. Then allowed the sauce to simmer for longer while preparing the rest of the dinner. Will try again and work on the browning. Thank you for a delicious recipe!
see 8 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY