South Beach Steak Diane
photo by CandyTX
- Ready In:
- 4 (3 ounce) beef tenderloin, about
- 5 tablespoons trans free margarine, i use smart balance
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- fresh chives (to garnish) (optional)
- Place each 3 oz piece of tenderloin between wax paper and pound with a mallet until the steak is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Pat meat with paper towel to dry; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt 3 Tbsp of the margarine and cook meat on medium to high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the meat from skillet onto a plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt 2 Tbsp of margarine and saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic until veggies are semi-soft.
- Add the mustard powder and Worcestershire, mixing well.
- Add the meat to skillet and cook until meat is done to your liking.
- Remove the meat and keep warm; combine lemon juice and parsley in the skillet and cook until warmed.
- Pour sauce over the meat and garnish with chives; serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Welcome! I joined this website in 2001, as a new wife and Mom of a 1 y/o and I was 28 yrs old and did not know about cooking. I found this website cause I searched the web and wanted to find a good recipe for carrots! I found that recipe and so much more here over the years. I learned so much from this website and opened up my eyes to other recipes. I now am 46 y/o. I am now divorced and my then 1 y/o son is now a Marine. I have a wonderful man in my life that loves and appreciates my cooking and I thank this site for all of its help. I still come here for recipes. I hope you like my recipes and your family enjoys them also....there is many here and I love to pass them on.