1/6 Photos of Steak and Mushroom Pie
1 hr 5 mins
Chef PotPie's Note:
Easy, quick and very yummy. Give this a try! It works very well with venison and game meat. Prep time doesn't include marinating time, if used. Update: the amount of oil in this recipe has been changed, sorry for the origional typo! I do recommend marinating the beef in red wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I like to marinate venison in some red wine for a couple hours, but this is not neccessary.
- 2Cut steak or roast in chunks and brown in oil and 1 Tblsp butter.
- 3Reduce heat and saute mushrooms in the same pan until tender.
- 4Transfer meat and mushrooms to pie dish, leaving juices.
- 5To the drippings in skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon butter, stir in flour and cook 2 minutes to form a roux.
- 6Stir in just a bit of broth or water until a smooth gravy is formed.
- 7Stir in sherry.
- 8Pour over meat and mushrooms in pie dish and begin baking @ 400 for 30 minutes.
- 9Lay rolled up crescent rolls or biscuits on top and bake 15 minutes more or until browned.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Steak and Mushroom Pie
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.0
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 154.8 mg
- Sodium 641.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 38.6 g