1/1 Photo of Sriracha-Glazed Chicken and Onions over Long-Grain Rice
Hot, sweet sauce coats the chicken and onions. Snow peas, broccoli or edamame would be a colorful vegetable side. I usually don't like spicy & hot sauce, yet I had to have the recipe after tasting this at my friends' house. The Sriracha sauce is like the Huy Fong sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fluffy cooked white rice or 2 cups cooked fluffy cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 1/4 teaspoons hot chili sauce (Sriracha sauce or Huy Fong sauce)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onion rings
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- parsley, chopped fine garnish for rice
- chopped cashews or almonds or peanuts, for garnish
- 1Prepare rice omitting salt and any oil and garnish with parsley when finished cooking and fluffed.
- 2While rice is cooking, combine hoisin, ketchup and Sriracha in a small bowl.
- 3Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- 5Add ginger, garlic and curry (if using) and chicken; sauté for 6 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 6Stir in hoisin mixture; cook 1 minute, tossing to coat.
- 7Sprinkle with your choice of chopped nuts.
- 8Serve over rice and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sriracha-Glazed Chicken and Onions over Long-Grain Rice
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.0 mg
- Sodium 408.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 27.4 g