Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is perfect for company. A great mix of sweet and savory flavors.
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn
- 3⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- Mix together salad ingredients in a large bowl. Mix dressing in container. Coat and toss salad a few minutes before serving.
So easy to throw together and yet sooooooo yummy. I left out the mushrooms (personal preference). The sweet and sour like dressing is the perfect compliment to this salad. I made a small salad the next day to take to work for lunch and added some dried cranberries. The cranberries was a great addition to this salad. I will be making this recipe often. Made for My-3-Chefs Nov, 2009.