Recipe by RecipeMonster
I love spinach and rice together,if you do I think you'll like this recipe. Adapted from Great Food Without Fuss.
Top Review by Derf
I was afraid the spinach would be overcooked following the method described, so I started with sauteing the onion and added the spinach with the rice and tomatoes, it turned out perfect, just the way we like spinach. I liked the comination of spices.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 bunches spinach, washed and stems trimmed or 2 (10 ounce) bags spinach leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups cooked rice, preferably basmati
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Saute spinach with salt just until leaves are wilted. Drain off excess liquid; reserve spinach.
- Wipe out skillet and melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Saute onion until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, add cumin, cardamom, coriander and turmeric and stir to combine. Add cooked rice, tomatoes and reserved spinach and cook, stirring gently to combine, just until the rice is warmed through.