Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If desired the chicken may be replaced with cooked sausage meat, also the recipe may be doubled to 16 rolls --- make certain that the cooked chicken is very finely chopped --- prep time does not include cooking the noodles, the complete recipe may be prepared and refrigerated up to 24 hours in advance --- this is very good!
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked, tossed with
- 2 tablespoons oil, to prevent sticking
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (can use less)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (cooked according to package directions then hand-squeezed dry)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped (can use more)
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (can use 1-1/2 cups if desired)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt)
- 1 small egg, slightly beaten
- 1 pinch nutmeg (use very small pinch!)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups prepared alfredo sauce (see Kittencal's Alfredo Sauce)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch or a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a skillet melt butter over medium heat; add in the onions and saute stirring with wooden spoon for about 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown (adding in the garlic the last 2 minutes of cooking).
- Add in drained spinach and saute for 2 minutes more mixing with a wooden spoon; transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the cooked chicken, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, egg and pinch nutmeg; mix with wooden spoon until well combined, then season with black pepper to taste.
- Place the cooked noodles on a wax paper lined flat surface.
- Evenly divide the ricotta mixute into eight scoops on to a plate.
- Spread about half of the alfredo sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread one scoop onto one cooked lasagna noodle, then spread out with a spoon to cover the noodle completey.
- Roll up starting at the short end.
- Place seam side down on top of the sauce.
- Repeat same method with remaining 7 noodles.
- Sprinkle about 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste) on top of the noodles, then drizzle the remaining alfredo sauce on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.