Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this up one day. We liked it, but it's really not healthy (is anything that tastes good healthy?). The broth is a milky broth, not creamy. It is very filling. I wonder how this would taste with chicken as well.
- 16 ounces spinach, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- Cook spinach 3 minutes in boiling water.
- Add butter, parmesan, garlic powder and milk.
- Bring to a boil and simmer three minutes.
- Add cream cheese and mix well.
LadyLaura!!! Don't say this isn't a healthy soup! Although I have not made it did you look at the nutritional breakdown??? Vitamin A, C, the calcium..... If you adjust the recipe to use margarine instead of butter, and low fat parmesan and cream cheese, you can make it even better! It's probably such a nice colour too!