Charmie's Potato Cheese Soup
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large garlic clove
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Fry onions for 3 minutes (don't let brown).
- Add garlic and continue to sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are very tender.
- Mash potatoes until at desired consistency. Or use a hand blender. I like mine left with some chunks.
- Add milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat until milk begins to simmer.
- Add the cheese and stir until it melts.
- Do not boil!
Join The Conversation