Recipe by Judikins
These were served at a recent ladies function I attended. They can be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen until ready to bake. They are delicious and quite simple to prepare.
Top Review by dwsteveil
I made these for an appetizer for a ladies luncheon. I doubled the stuffing mix, used an entire bag of grated swiss cheese (5oz.- 1 1/4 cups)also doubled garlic salt. Everyone loved them! I used the dipping sauce with this recipe and the mustard sauce from recipe # 182856 "Whit's Spinach Balls". They were both very good but the mustard sauce was more popular. I made them the day before and kept in refrigerator until baking. Great recipe! Thanks Judikins!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup cornbread stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated swiss cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter until translucent.
- In large bowl, combine onion/butter mixture with remaining ingredients, blending well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet@350F for 15 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce made of 1/2 cup light mayo and 1-2 tablespoons horseradish.